I have a very Christmas appropriate post for you today as I'll be reviewing the Yankee Candle Christmas 2014 wax tarts. I have 6 of them and I wanted to talk to you about the scents and how to use them. Let's get started.
- Let's talk about Icicles first. This is one of my favourites from the collection, because it's such a clever scent. At first I thought, dude, icicles are just frozen water, they cannot have a scent! But as soon as I smelled this wax tart, I was a convert. It smells like a forest in the winter time. Snowy, fresh and woodsy. I absolutely love it and it's so unique. You can get it on Yankee Direct for around 1 pound.
- Moving on to Silver Birch, this is another lovely scent that smells quite woodsy, but sweet at the same time. It's described as the scent of fall transitioning into winter, and I definitely smell the trees and the sweetness of the changing leaves. If Icicles is too woodsy for you, you'll like the Sweetnes of Silver Birch. Only 1,20 pounds!
- Candy Cane Lane is definitely my favourite out of the entire collection. It's pure sweet peppermint with some nice freshness that is not citrusy, but minty! Perfect for Christmas, and I'll be burning this one today, I cannot wait. So inexpensive as well.
- If you like Fluffy Towels from YC and vanilla scents, you would love Angel's Wings! Apparently it's really popular as I cannot even find it on the site. It's very sweet, vanillary and still a little fresh with woodsy notes. I like this one too, it's very unique. Try looking in your local YC store, but hurry up if you want it!
- Bay Leaf Wreath is another scent that is really unique, but instantly reminds me of Christmas and the wreaths we used to have around the house. It's a green, woodsy fragrance that is quite fresh. I think there might be some citruses in there as well as it really isn't overwhelming, as you might think Find it here.
- Finishing up, we have Christmas Garland, which smells exactly like fresh Christmas trees! My family does not have a real tree, but my grandma used to have one and it smells just like its pine needles. Apparently, there's some berries in there too which is just lovely. Find it here.
I also received a burner for these wax tarts from Yankee Direct, who have an amazing and beautiful selection of burners here. Basically, you place an unscented tea light under the burner and place the wax in the bowl above it, and as it burns, it releases a beautiful fragrance. I absolutely adore these wax tarts because they are much more potent than most candles and they'll give you so much scent! It's also a great way to try out new scents before getting the full-size candle.
Which scent reminds you of Christmas?